Monday 8 March 2010

WSPR Update

Wow - I would like to have kept you up to date with progress on the 40m/SDR WSPR project, but those good folks at Virgin Media couldn't keep my internet service running. This post only possible by hitching a ride on my neighbour's WiFi (don't tell him).

I am told by the hero at the customer service centre that "the network in your area is 11% down on power" and that I'll just have to wait for things to be sorted out. Thanks Sir Richard, great service!

Meanwhile, as Virgin Media are drooping by 11%, my 500mW is booming out on 40m - reaching East Coast USA (for a best dx of 5631km - that's >11km/mW), Iceland, North Norway and the Canary Isles...



Really enjoying whispering - more to follow (including Rx reports, when Virgin Media allow).

...-.- de m0xpd

No comments:

Post a Comment