Sunday 20 December 2009

Toroid Library for EAGLE

*** Stop Press ***

My Toroid Library has been published at CadSoft's Eagle Website.

It seems to me that one of the components we radio homebrewers and QRP enthusiasts use most often is an inductor(/tapped inductor/transformer) wound on a Toroidal core. I was surprised to see that these components are poorly catered for in the Eagle PCB software suite (Eagle is of special interest to misers like me as it is free). So - I knocked up a library...

The Library includes several devices (inductors, tapped inductors (/autotransformers), transformers, trifilar coils, etc)...



and the packages are dimensioned so as to be useful with 0.37 and 0.5 inch diameter rings...



You are welcome to try the Library although there is no guarantee that it is worth anything or suitable for any purpose. All I can say is "it works well for me".

If you do use it, please drop me a line and tell me how you get on.

...-.- de m0xpd

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog dear I like the way as you present your view among the all visitors. I would like to join you again on this blog it’s a very nice visit on this blog. It’s very attractive and effective for visitors. Toroidal Cores Manufacturer in India, Toroidal Core Suppliers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Thans for your Toroid Library

    HS0NNU

    ReplyDelete