Sunday, 19 February 2012

Top Shelf

As threatened last week, I gathered all the components of a top shelf for my Leslie 125 together and made a trial assembly...


You can see at top left the MTCLogic controller, a power strip providing 110V from an isolation transformer, the motor, the horn and the belt tensioning arrangement, all mounted on a piece of 19mm MDF.

Here's the single-speed Leslie motor in close-up...


I turned up some spacers (not visible above - they're hiding under the rubber mounts) from mild steel to raise the motor up to the correct height above the board to match the pulley on the horn, which you can see in the next photo...


Also visible is the stock Leslie idler pulley, which tensions the belt. The motor and the speaker are in the correct positions, copied from the layout of a Leslie 145 - but I improvised with positioning of the idler wheel.

Here'a a close-up of the controller. It is held in place for testing with my customary blobs of Blu Tack...


The system works perfectly with our new controller (he says, swelling with pride). I also tried it with some of the competition...


This is a unit from Caribbean Controls. I'm pleased to be able to say that there is no competition as to which speed controller I'll build into the modified 125. I'm even more pleased to be able to say that the choice is made entirely on merit!

...-.- de m0xpd

No comments:

Post a comment